Written by pedagogues representing for all four string instruments for a better method education.
New Directions for Strings Book 1 is the first method ever written by a team of pedagogues representing each of the four stringed instruments. With more than 100 years of combined teaching experience, the authors of New Directions for Strings Book 1 explore many new directions, including equal integration of all the instruments, a tetrachord-based approach to support proper development of the left hand, and ensemble opportunities that occur throughout the book.Unique characteristics of New Directions For Strings include:Posture directions specific to each instrumentDevelopment of basic performance competencies: - music notation and composition - aural skills, dictation and improvisation - music theoryA Tetrachord-based approach to support proper development of the left-hand frame and finger patterns relative to keysEnsemble opportunities early in the bookSystematic experience with the National StandardsTwo contrasting solos for each instrumentIncludes additional resources for teachers: pedagogical information, teacher tips, assessment materials, organizational resources Improve your knowledge with this instructional guide. Order today.
- By Joanne Erwin, Kathleen Horvath, Robert D. McCashin, Brenda Mitchell
- Supplemental music by Soon Hee Newbold and Elliot Del Borgo
- Based on more than 100 years of combined teaching experience
- Written by a team of pedagogues representing each of the four stringed instruments
- Includes 2 Play-Along CDs with each student book