If you're thinking it might be time to upgrade your clarinet, saxophone, oboe, or bassoon reeds but don't know if it's time here are 5 signs you should make the leap:
You want to improve your sound quality
You want to enhance your instrument's response and articulation
You want to take better care of your reeds
You want your reeds to be more consistent and reliable
You want to personalize your playing experience
Want to try a few different reeds now, but don't want to buy a bunch of boxes?
Try the Vandoren mix cards!
Learn more about why each of these reasons are a good sign it's time for you to upgrade:
1. You want to improve your sound quality: Higher quality reeds are often made with the best natural cane available resulting in a richer and more resonant tone.
2. You want to enhance your instrument's response and articulation: Upgraded reeds are designed to give you more control and precision while playing which will work wonders for your technique and overall performance.
3. You want to take better care of your reeds: This one's a little less technical. If you invest more in anything you're more likely to take better care of it. Spending more on a box of reeds can inspire you to use a case, humidify your reeds, and wipe them clean after use so they last as long as possible.
4. You want your reeds to be more consistent and reliable: Better quality reeds are manufactured with higher standards. When you buy a nice box of reeds you want them to all perform the same way, and that's what you'll receive, which isn't always the case with more economic options.
5. You want to personalize your playing experience: Whether you're looking for a certain cut, want to file your reeds yourself, or are looking for a specific sound (i.e. jazz or classical) there are so many different styles of reeds to choose from giving you the customized experience you're looking for.
Choosing the right reeds can be fun, so if you think you're ready for a new box we're here to help. Shop reeds now!